Optimize Critical Public Services for Urban Living
Urbanization refers to the shift in a population from a rural to an urban setting. In 1950, approximately 1/3rd of the world’s population lived in cities. Today just over half live in cities, but by 2050 the cities of the world will account for 2/3rds of the total population. 90% of the increase in urban populations will take place in Africa and Asia, but no city in the world can escape the need to manage social equality, mobility, competitiveness, and energy efficiency to maintain the well-being of its citizens while managing rapid population growth and limited resources.
To achieve this, city leaders need to leverage and analyze data from multiple sources to build smart cities that are ecosystems made up of residents, urban planners, civic developers and merchants. These smart cities will be places where people can live and thrive in safety and comfort, and the standard of living need not be threatened by rapid growth.
TCS’ Intelligent Urban Exchange (IUX) is a modular, integrated software solution that helps cities accelerate their smart-city programs, easily and cost-effectively, enabling them to achieve greater levels of social, economic and environmental sustainability. TCS’ IUX includes a rich set of APIs for smart-city applications. It is the foundation for TCS domain-specific software that provides cities, utilities and transportation operators with real-time, actionable insights to optimize water, transportation, and energy. IUX is built for:
- Systems integrators
- Network equipment providers
- Telecom service providers
- Large engineering firms
- City operations and maintenance service providers
TCS Intelligent Urban Exchange Solution
TCS’ Intelligent Urban Exchange solution offers real-time insights and next-step recommendations to help launch smart- city initiatives faster and more cost-effectively. IUX collects and analyzes historical and real-time data, both structured and unstructured, from a wide array of sources:
- Networks and systems
- Sensors and actuators
- Social media and open city data
- Water, transportation and energy systems
With IUX, developers and partners can deploy their own custom analytics models quickly and efficiently, with little to no programming. IUX’s modular, scalable architecture offers cities and partners the ultimate flexibility, with multiple purchase options that enable them to buy what they need today and add future capabilities as needed. IUX’s Information Exchange Gateway provides partners and the city ecosystem with a way to easily exchange real-time intelligence and alerts with all the city’s stakeholders.
Out-of-the-box IUX applications are available for transportation, water and energy. Each application includes use-case specific capabilities designed to optimize management and operations and solve real city problems.
Increase urban public transport and improve utilization based on the integration of insights from real-time consumer demand with supply-side systems. The software includes Bus Service Planning and Multi-Mode Commute as packaged use cases for addressing challenges related to a city’s transportation services, such as increasing ridership, reducing wait time and improving capacity and utilization.
Reduce water loss through proactive network management and optimized capital investments. This software includes packaged use cases that help solve water conservation issues, including reducing non-revenue water, optimizing capital allocation and reducing maintenance truck rolls.
IoT and machine-learning capabilities, combined with industry-specific analytical models, create city and building solutions that automate data- driven decision-making. This software includes Adaptive Streetlight Optimization as a packaged use case that optimizes streetlight operation based on real-time factors such as weather, traffic, footfall, crime rate patterns, and events.
- Accelerate Rollout of Smart City Programs: Leverage prebuilt solutions for transportation, energy, water and other services. Create new tools as well.
- Lower Your City’s Operational Costs: Harness IUX’s flexible, open-source-based architecture to reduce infrastructure and maintenance costs.
- Promote Economic Growth and Local Innovation: Expand city commerce and boost tax revenue by letting local businesses leverage real-time data and analytics.
- Provide More Reliable and Useful Citizen Services: Improve public infrastructure to make services more valuable to citizens; encourage adoption of public services.
- Improve Your City’s Sustainability: Take advantage of “out-of-the-box” deployments, such as reducing water loss or reducing energy use by streetlights.